Tell the Story
Go through your story. Add information you need. Delete anything that is unnecessary.
- Decide on who your audience will be. Change language and gender to fit that group. For example, perhaps your audience is mostly very young girls. Then you might make the main character and/or the troublemaker female.
- Gather props for sound effects.
- Consider putting on a costume that fits one of the characters or that fits you as “storyteller.”
- Make a habit of having story time at your local library, but bring in stories you have created.
- Make tape recordings for young children and place them in the school library. Be sure to tell the teacher that they are available.
Then tell the story to your family and/or friends.